There are over 800,000 SuperGold cardholders, with around 60,000 people joining each year. Older people are a valuable market and are growing in size and spending power.
They want to get the best value for money, have time to shop around and are loyal to businesses that are good to them. They also like to give, and take, recommendations from people they know and trust, so they are great for word of mouth marketing.
As a SuperGold Business Partner, you will be promoting your business and services to this influential market – for free.
About the programme
What is SuperGold?
SuperGold - or the ‘gold card’ - gives our seniors golden opportunities to stretch their money further. SuperGold is one way the government and New Zealand businesses can say thank you or tēnā rawa atu koe for everything our older people have done for Aotearoa, by raising families, working, or helping in the community.
What are some of the numbers around SuperGold users?
New website and app launched in October 2019.
Over 100,000 app downloads.
Over 47,000 website visits per month (on average).
Emails to over 315,000 cardholders, 11 times per year, with an open rate in excess of 60%.
Social media reach of over 135,000 (total monthly avg.).
What are the Business Marketing opportunities?
As a Business Partner, you will work with us to create the best offers for seniors. We have a great deal of insights about what they want, and what they see as valuable.
Currently there are two offer categories:
Special Offers – these are offers that run for a limited time, are higher value, or are completely exclusive to our audience.
Everyday Offers – these are either national or regional offers that are always available to give our audience instant savings.
What are Special Offers?
A special offer can be a limited time offer, such as an exclusive ‘one day/one month’ only deal. Or, it can be an offer of exceptional value. We are happy to talk to you about this.
Promotion of your offer will include:
- A listing on the website and app in the ‘Special Offers’ category.
- A tile on the SuperGold website homepage (limited time).
- A post through the SuperGold Facebook page.
Additional promotion for exceptional offers will include, by negotiation:
- Boosted/paid posts through the SuperGold Facebook page.
- A feature in our monthly e-newsletter, sent to over 315,000 SuperGold cardholders.
- A post through the SuperGold Facebook page
What are Everday Offers?
We welcome all offers that help cardholders stretch their money further.
Ideally your offer would be exclusive for seniors and be available all the time. The less restrictions, the better.
Promotion of your offer will include:
- A listing on the website and app in the specified category.
For both Special Offers and Everyday Offers, we are happy to discuss other opportunities to promote your offer.
Joining the programme
How do I sign up?
It’s free to join the SuperGold programme.
Are you a business with one business address?
If your business has one business address, simply complete our online sign up form [online sign up form link]
We’ll check your application and let you know when your offer has been approved and is live on the website and app.
We’ll also send you a welcome pack in the mail when we’ve done this.
Are you a nationwide business or have multiple business addresses?
If you’re a nationwide business with multiple business addresses, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com.
We’ll get in touch to explain the process and opportunities available.
Download terms and conditions for SuperGold businesses (PDF 191KB)
What is two factor authentication?
As a business partner when you login to the SuperGold portal, you will need to enter a 6-digit code generated from the Google Authenticator app, For security purposes, this code will automatically change during every login attempt – or when it times out. We recommend keeping the Google Authenticator app downloaded on your smart phone or tablet for efficiency’s sake.
How does the 6-digit Google Authenticator app work when I login to the SuperGold admin portal?
- Enter your email address and password and press the Login button.
- You will be prompted to enter the 6-digit code that has just been sent to your Google Authenticator app. Open up Google Authenticator on your secondary device and enter the code that is there into the field on the SuperGold admin portal. This code will disappear after several seconds and be replaced with a new one, so make sure you are entering the active code as it appears in the app.
How should I be promoting SuperGold?
Having a positive in-store experience is really important to our cardholders.
To make the most of your SuperGold partnership make sure:
- All of your team know about your SuperGold offer and what to do when a SuperGold card is presented.
- The stickers and counter cards in your welcome pack are displayed clearly in-store.
- We also have a range of other marketing collateral you can download and print.
If you have an online shop, please display the logo on your website.
Download Resources for participating businesses:
- Poster A2, but can be printed to other sizes (SuperGold Business Partner.pdf)
- Counter card A4 (210w x 297h mm) (SuperGold Counter Card a4.pdf)
- Counter card A5 (148w x210h mm) (SuperGold Partner Poster.pdf)
To see what the material looks like download this guide (SuperGold Business Partners PDF).